State leaders urge Congress to vote against military action in Syria
OKLAHOMA CITY- After a few state leaders voiced their opposition to action in Syria, an Oklahoma lawmaker is now urging all Oklahoma delegates in Congress to vote against America’s involvement in Syria.
The president is turning the final decision over to members of Congress to decide whether any action is taken in the region.
State Rep. Paul Wesselhoft said, “On one side, we have the evil Assad and Hezbollah and, on the other, we have the evil Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood. Why must we choose a side? It is not our civil war.”
The group is hosting an anti-war demonstration Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Penn Square Mall.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring