Okla. gets $13.6M to make MAPS 3 streetcar hub downtown
OKLAHOMA CITY – $13.6 million. That’s how much Oklahoma City has received in federal grant money to help transform downtown’s Santa Fe Station into a transit hub.
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s “TIGER” grant will help renovate the historic 79-year-old Heartland Flyer Depot into the future hub for the MAPS 3 modern streetcar.
The plan is for the area to one day serve as a regional transportation center for our new bus and rail-based system.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online