Barbara Bush to talk with Briarwood students
MOORE, Okla. – Students from Briarwood Elementary in Moore are getting a visit from a special guest Monday, via Skype.
Former First Lady Barbara Bush is video chatting with the students Monday afternoon.
Briarwood was one of the schools destroyed by the May 20 tornado.
This year, those students are attending class at the Emmaus Baptist Church.
Mrs. Bush will be talking with the kids about the new school year and about the rebuilding process.
She’ll also be sharing her passion for learning and reading to recognize International Literacy Day and the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy.
The Skype session is scheduled for 2:45 p.m.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'