UPDATE: MMA fighter, OKC officer fighting for life after car accident
OKLAHOMA CITY- A local police officer is fighting for his life after being seriously injured in a car accident.
Officials say 32-year-old Matt Grice, who is also an MMA fighter, was hit at a red light in
Pottawatomie County, just after 4 p.m. Sunday.
Authorities say Grice and another vehicle were waiting at a red light when a Ford Econoline hit Grice’s Jeep.
The force of the impact sent Grice’s Jeep Wrangler into the vehicle stopped next to him.
Grice was taken to a hospital in critical condition where he later underwent brain surgery.
Authorities tell us Grice, who has been with the force for five years, was off duty when the accident occurred.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him