UCO honors 9/11 victims by saying ‘thank you’ to local fire stations
EDMOND, Okla.- While many Americans are remembering the lives lost 12 years ago, the University of Central Oklahoma will spend the day honoring those 9/11 victims through community service.
UCO students and staff, along with Okla. Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb, will place 2,500 American flags by Broncho Lake on campus.
The school also held a remembrance service at the lake Wednesday morning.
Volunteer teams will prepare and deliver packages to 18 local fire stations, complete with a spaghetti dinner to thank them for their service to the community.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online