WATCH: 2 Chainz apologizes to Okla. in MTV interview
NEW YORK – Rapper 2 Chainz is now apologizing to Oklahoma City after a run in with OKC police August.
In an interview with MTV, he talked about his recent legal trouble and the amount of privacy celebrities give up today.
At the end of August, the rapper and 10 others on his tour bus were detained and eventually taken into custody after performing with Lil’ Wayne and T.I. at the Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Hours later the performer, who was born Tauhed Epps, and the others were released from jail after being arrested on a complaint of obstructing a public officer.
Oklahoma City police said the rapper’s tour bus was driving along I-40 when police pulled it over for a broken tail light.
OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said, “When officers approached that tour bus, they noticed there was evidence of drug usage.”
2 Chainz denied having any illegal substances on his bus.
Don't ask me ask OKC police department what they found on the bus,,,,u won't get an answer because nuthn was found—
Tity Boi (2 Chainz) (@2chainz) August 22, 2013
However, according to official reports, police did find drug residue inside.
In the affidavit, officers said they discovered marijuana residue, scales, Hydrocodone, Flexeril, scales, a 12-gauge shotgun, ammunition, S&W semi-automatic pistol and rolling papers.
Charges are still pending.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger