Arkansas man recovering after being robbed, stabbed during OKC layover
OKLAHOMA CITY- An Arkansas man who was simply passing through town is recovering in the hospital after being attacked while getting something to eat.
Authorities say Allen Wayne Greene was on a layover from Arkansas to Colorado at the Union Bus Station.
He walked to the Sonic in the 400 block of W. Sheridan to get food and was attacked while walking back to the bus station.
According to the police affidavit, Greene called police to say that he had been stabbed twice with a hunting or throwing knife.
The suspects allegedly stole the victim’s bus ticket and briefcase before fleeing the scene.
When officers arrived, they found Greene suffering with a stab wound to the chest and a cut below his right eye.
He was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.
Police have now arrested 31-year-old Thomas Powell for the crime.
No word on specific charges at this time.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns