Shocking statistic released about weight of American children
There is startling news about the weight of many American children; nearly one-third of all children in the U.S. are overweight or obese.
Experts say that comes out to be more than 23 million children between the ages of 2 and 19-years-old who are officially classified as obese or overweight.
However, doctors say children and parents need to be educated on the problem.
Dr. Michael Hint, a nutrition expert, said, “It’s hard for parents to see themselves, sometimes, as unhealthy and therefore, see that in their child.”
It can be hard for parents to approach their kids about such a sensitive subject but it’s important to remember never to snatch unhealthy food out of a child’s hands and choose your words carefully.
Finally, leading by example is the best way to implement a healthy lifestyle.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse