Sooners Storming Hurricane 27-7 at Half
Oklahoma’s 13th ranked and unbeaten football team leads Tulsa 27-7 at halftime in Norman.
Junior QB Blake Bell passed for 281 yards in the opening two quarters, the second most yards in a first half for a QB making his first career start, in OU history.
Bell threw touchdown passes of 3 and 29 yards to Sterling Shepard and Roy Finch.
The Sooners have rolled up 345 yds. total offense, holding Tulsa to just 144.
OU’s Gabe Lynn was involved in the most controversial play of the first half.
The Sooners safety was called for the new “targeting” penalty, hitting a Tulsa player in the head intentionally – and the original call, by rule, had Lynn being ejected from the game.
But the play was reviewed, and Lynn’s disqualification was overturned, but the penalty yardage was still marked off. Tulsa scored a few plays later; the Golden Hurricane’s only points of the half.
Sooner stars DB Aaron Colvin (injured jaw), OT Tyrus Thompson (hurt knee) and RB Damion Williams (coaches decision) are not playing in the game.
And Lynn was slightly injured on an interception in the 2nd quarter and replaced by newcomer S Hatari Byrd.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom