No one seriously injured in northwest OKC duplex fire
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities are investigating an early morning fire that broke out between two homes Monday.
It started on the 1800 block of N.W. 42nd St. near I-44 and Penn.
Fire crews two people were home at the time of the fire but no one was seriously injured.
One woman was treated for injuries but not from the flames; crews said she fell and hit her head getting away from the fire.
Fire crews had to fight the flames from the roof of one of the buildings.
The flames spread to a duplex and a vacant home.
Officials said the flames caught a fence on fire between the buildings and spread to the duplex attic.
Crews are investigating the fire because it started outside between the two homes.
The duplex is heavily damaged; fire crews had to go through the ceiling to get to the fire.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him