Suspect accidentally outs self in alleged driveby double take
OKLAHOMA CITY – A man is in jail after he allegedly fired a gun into a northwest Oklahoma City bar.
Just before 3 a.m. Tuesday, police were called to a possible shooting at the Red Rooster Bar, near N.W. 31st St. and Walker.
According to police, Christopher Davis drove by the bar and fired a single shot from a .22 rifle into the front door before driving away.
Witnesses placed Davis at the bar earlier in the night.
While officers were interviewing witnesses, police say Davis drove by the bar again and those patrons were able to point him out to authorities.
Officers followed Davis to N.W. 31st St. and Hudson, where they took him into custody.
Authorities say Davis will face charges of assault with a deadly weapon.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger