Strangers raise $50,000 for homeless man that returned bag of cash
DORCHESTER, Mass. — Less than a week after Glen James turned a $40,000 of a stranger’s money into police, people from all across the country have raised more than that amount for him.
James is homeless; he found the backpack outside of a T.J. Maxx in Dorchester, Massachusetts on Saturday and immediately turned it in to police.
On Monday a complete stranger to James named Ethan Wittington started a donation page that has raised tens of thousands of dollars for James.
“I just want to thank you so much for being so kind,” James said when speaking with Wittington online.
“You don’t need to tell me you’re the one that deserves all the credit right here you’re the one that’s done everything. You’ve revived my faith in humanity and in the United States man,” said Wittington.
James said the money will help him start a new life.
From NBC News
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'