Suspect wipes out after high-speed chase with police
OKLAHOMA CITY – One man is in the hospital after leading police on a high-speed chase early Wednesday morning.
Just after midnight, Oklahoma City police say they started following a motorcycle that had been reported stolen.
The bike merged onto southbound I-44, near Airport Rd., and sped off.
Officers chased him all the way to Newcastle where he turned around and headed north on I-44.
Authorities say the motorcycle was zigzagging all over the highway, reaching speeds around 90 miles per hour.
The chase finally ended near S.W. 99th St. and Rockwell.
Police say the driver was trying to turn when he lost control and wiped out on the roadway.
The motorcycle burst into flames and the driver took off on foot.
Shortly after the crash, authorities found the driver and took him into custody.
The suspect was taken to the hospital for road rash injuries and a dog bite from a K-9 officer.
Police say the man already had a felony warrant for his arrest.
He is now facing additional traffic charges and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse