NEW YORK (CNNMoney) – While Halloween decorations are hitting store shelves, many parents are left thinking ahead about those wish lists for Santa.
CNNMoney has released its latest list of the hottest toys for 2013.
- Topping the list is the Xbox One, which is an all-in-one entertainment system that is set to be released on November 22.
Microsoft says the system allows the user to play games, watch movies, watch TV, Skype and listen to music without changing devices.
It’s marked at $499.99.
- If you are not a Microsoft fan, another big gaming system making waves if the PlayStation 4.
The PS4 offers 8BG of memory and will learn about the user’s preferences to better customize content.
The PS4 goes on sale November 15 for $399.99.
It also allows you to share information with friends, watch television shows and movies and, of course, play games.
- Next in line is the Despicable Me 2 collector’s edition figurines.
The characters from the movie recite more than 30 lines and even respond to sound.
The figurines are listed at $39.99 to $64.99.
- For the younger children on the list, toy experts think Big Hugs Elmo will hit the mark.
Big Hugs Elmo plays three songs to help soothe kids to sleep and also moves its arms to give hugs.
It is priced at $49.99.
- For a fast mover, the Crazy Cart is the ultimate driving machine.
The car allows kids to drive and spin on the seated cart, which is designed for children 9-years-old and up.
It is listed at $399.99.
- For the nation’s future doctors, the Doc McStuffins Get Better Check-Up Center allows kids to use the electronic Big Book of Boo Boos to make a diagnosis, slide in playful x-rays and even check their patient’s weight.
The center is priced at $79.99.
- If you want to help your little ones learn, the LeapPad Ultra is essentially a tablet for children.
The Ultra is a 7-inch high-resolution touch screen with Wi-Fi over 800 apps and front and back cameras.
It also boasts a kid-safe browser, educator-approved games, eBooks and access to music and videos.
The LeapPad Ultra is listed at $149.99.
- A lot of little girls will be asking for the Flutterbye Flying Fairy, which flies through the air and is guided by a child’s hand.
The Flying Fairy is selling for $34.99.
- Activision Publishing showcased Skylanders SWAP Force, which lets kids transform 16 action figures into more than 250 unique characters.
The figures are listed for $74.99 and are made for children between 6 and 11-years-old.
You can’t have a list of toys without a doll making the top 10.
- The Ever After High Royal & Rebel Dolls showcase Apple White, Raven Queen, Briar Beauty and Madeline Hatter.
Each doll sells for $19.99.
- If your child is a designer in the making, you will not to want to miss out on the LEGO Legends of Chima: The Lion CHI Temple.
The temple set has 1,258 pieces and lets kids create different tribes to restore peace or battle each other
The set comes with seven action figures.
It is marketed to children 8-years-old and up and is priced at $119.99.
While these are just some of the items that are expected to be hot sellers this year, many other toys will probably top the list as we get closer to the holidays.
Experts say parents can always hit the stores early to find what their child specifically wants and put it on layaway.