Lawton police attempt to unravel clues in deadly shooting
LAWTON, Okla.- Officers are searching for a suspect who is responsible for allegedly shooting two people in the head and one other on accident.
Police were called to the 1900 block of S.W. D Ave. when residents reported hearing gunshots in the area Wednesday night.
When they arrived, officers spotted a vehicle in a field that had multiple bullet holes.
Inside, 31-year-old Arthur Pekah had been shot in the head.
Pekah was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Another man, who was a passenger in the vehicle, had been shot in the face.
He was treated and released from the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Authorities say they also found out that another man who lived across the street had also been hit by the gunfire.
Police say a stray round traveled through the man’s front door and grazed his stomach.
Investigators are looking for clues but no arrests have been made at this time.
If you have any information on the shootings, call the Lawton Police Department.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him