OU, OSU battle it out to be safer on the road
OKLAHOMA CITY – Students from two prominent state universities are taking their rivalry to a new level while helping to raise awareness about dangers on the road.
The AT&T It Can Wait Challenge allows students from the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University to see which university can have the most fans who take the pledge to never text and drive.
Bryan Gonterman, Oklahoma president for AT&T, said, “Texting while driving has quickly evolved into a social epidemic and is now involved in more than 100,000 car crashes in the U.S. every year.”
The challenge kicks off Thursday.
OU fans can text “OUPLEDGE” to 464329 and Cowboys can text “OSUPLEDGE” to the same number.
The total number of pledges will be announced in November.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger