Edmond family planning services, soldier dies from wounds in Afghanistan
EDMOND, Okla. – An Edmond family is in mourning after their loved one, a soldier, died from wounds he sustained in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense has confirmed 22-year-old Specialist James Wickliffchacin died Friday in a San Antonio hospital.
He was injured when a roadside bomb went off near his patrol unit Aug. 12.
He unit was deployed as part of Operation: Enduring Freedom.
The Edmond native was stationed out of St. Stewart, Georgia.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger