Edmond family planning services, soldier dies from wounds in Afghanistan
EDMOND, Okla. – An Edmond family is in mourning after their loved one, a soldier, died from wounds he sustained in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense has confirmed 22-year-old Specialist James Wickliffchacin died Friday in a San Antonio hospital.
He was injured when a roadside bomb went off near his patrol unit Aug. 12.
He unit was deployed as part of Operation: Enduring Freedom.
The Edmond native was stationed out of St. Stewart, Georgia.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'