Norman 17-year-old facing murder, burglary charges after shooting man
NORMAN, Okla. – A 17-year-old is behind bars Monday, accused of shooting and killing and neighbor at a Norman apartment complex.
Police said Nicholas Williams was gunned down earlier this month when he walked in on an alleged burglary in his home.
Williams called 911 to say he had been shot and later died at the local hospital.
Police have arrested a teen whose name has not yet been released.
“I’m sure it brings a little relief, if there is such a thing in circumstances like this, for the family,” Norman Police Capt. Tom Easley said. “I know it’s a relief for us.”
He could be facing first-degree murder and burglary charges.
Authorities said the district attorney will file charges sometime this week.
Investigators said they believe the teen will be charged as an adult.
If so, the teen’s name will be released at that time.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him