WATCH: Wind foils Okla. team’s valiant fight in Red Bull Flugtag
DALLAS – They gave it the old college try but it was a major fail for the Perry “RedNeck Rocketeers” at the Texas Flugtag event last week.
You could call it a failure to launch for Oklahoma’s only entry in the National Red Bull Flugtag DFW Flight.
A big headwind caught the craft and pulled the nose straight up.
Their goal: to soar across Lake Carolyn in their homemade glider.
Sadly, it wasn’t meant to be but fortunately, no one was injured.
More than 30 teams from across the country competed.
A group called the “Texas Tomcats” took first place with a 72-foot flight.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns