What to know before booking fall vacation
If you are planning a fall vacation, you may want to book that flight in the middle of the week.
Experts said the best time to book is usually a Tuesday.
The riskiest time to book is a weekend.
FareCompare.com said that is because sales, which start on Tuesdays, will expire by Friday and airfare hikes often start on Thursdays or Fridays.
If you are looking to save a little on that vacation, the key may be spending.
Airlines and hotel chains are trying to keep customers happy by handing out miles and points for loyalty members.
Those points are good for free upgrades, better seating and early boarding throughout the year.
In fact, the top ways to earn points are through credit card sign up bonuses and daily spending.
However, experts said you must pay off those credit cards in full to make sure you’re not hit with a high interest rate.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'