Man arrested for committing real-life Grand Theft Auto crimes
A Louisiana man is behind bars accused of committing real-life crimes based on a video game.
Police arrested 20-year-old Zachary Burgess who is accused of crimes all found in the game, “Grand Theft Auto.”
Authorities said Burgess is accused of kidnapping a woman, stealing a truck and ramming several parked cars.
Officials said he allegedly jumped into a parked car and held a woman down before speeding off and hitting the other vehicles.
During questioning, Burgess allegedly told an officer he wanted to see what it was like to play “real-life Grand Theft Auto.”
He is now facing nine hit-and-run charges as well as kidnapping and theft of a motor vehicle.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring