American part of crew headed to space to light Olympic torch
BAIKONUR, Kazakhstan – A new crew will blast off to the International Space Station.
The three-man primary crew includes American Michael Hopkins.
The group said the Olympics will fit into their mission.
The team will receive the Olympic torch while in space in November.
The torch will be lit while aboard the ISS.
It’s scheduled to return to Earth and be used in the final leg of the entrance into the Sochi, Russia stadium during the ceremony.
The rocket launch to the ISS is scheduled for Wednesday.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns