Children’s, infant’s sunscreen recalled for disease-causing bacteria
CONCORD, N.H. – A company that makes organic and natural products is recalling a sunscreen marketed for infants and young children.
W.S. Badger Co. Inc., is recalling its 4-ounce SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen Lotion and its 4-ounce SPF 30 Kids Sunscreen Lotion because they may be contaminated with three types of disease-causing bacteria and fungi.
The original batch passed testing before it was sold.
However, routine re-testing showed that the preservatives had been compromised and tested positive for Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida parapsilosis and Acremonium fungi.
The bacteria can cause humans and animals to become sick.
The lotions that are recalled include:
- SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen Lotion with UPC codes 634084490091 and 634084490114. Lot numbers are 3024A, 3057B, 3063A, 3063B, 3132A, 3133A.
- SPF 30 Kids Sunscreen Lotion with UPC codes 634084490145 and 634084490169. The lot number is 3164A.
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: School district drops 'sexual harassment' against 6-year-old, facing 'misconduct'
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma