Mud races taking over OKC this weekend
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Ultimate Mud Warrior and the Ultimate Gladiator Dash have joined forces for two days of fun in the mud, a 5k dash and more than 40 obstacles.
Extreme OKC is located near I-35 and NE 10th street.
“We’re a little bit crazy to do this many obstacles at one time,” said Keefe.
Rob Keefe is a volunteer at Extreme OKC and the captain of the Maniac Mudders. He’s racing with his son Austin this weekend.
“Scooby Doo, get your mud on,” said Keefe.
“I was thinking I’m going to overdo him but then he overdoes me,” said Austin.
With a 5k course and more than 40 obstacles, the race to the finish can be quite the challenge.
“Grueling pain sometimes, just depends on the obstacle, you got to have good grip strength on some of them, climbing, you got to be able to climb and most of all you got to have fun in the mud,” said Keefe.
You don’t have to be an athlete to enjoy the course, however, if you’re afraid of heights that might be a problem judging from the fall I took from the cable crossing obstacle.
“Scream. There she goes, she is in,” said Skeen.
From the monkey bars, to trail running and deep muddy holes, the point of the mud races are to be active and have fun.
“It’s getting people off the couch just having fun, coming out, getting people away from the TV, off the Xbox and getting people in shape,” said Skeen.
There’s still time to sign up for both mud races on Saturday and Sunday, visit their website.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online