PHOTOS: Chief Meteorologist Mike Morgan honored for work during tornadoes
Our own Chief Meteorologist Mike Morgan was honored with the Lee Allen Smith Spirit of Oklahoma Award Thursday.
He was among those recognized for the tireless effort that goes into forecasting Oklahoma’s deadly weather.
Morgan wanted to honor the victims of those storms so he invited several folks who were hit hard by May’s tornado outbreak.
You might remember E.H. Pittman.
He had just returned from Afghanistan after serving our country for a year.
Mike also invited Geary and Suzan Whaley.
Geary was left in critical condition and we’ve been following his incredible recovery.
Congratulations to all those recognized and we are very proud of Mike Morgan and the 4 Warn Storm Team.Submit Your Photo
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him