In Your Corner: Homeowner warns of lawn care scam
OKLAHOMA CITY – David Campbell says Kellon Sanders split with his cash, but not before destroying his yard!
“I’ve pulled that many weeds, [a] full trash can, out of this yard already this spring,” he said.
Sanders runs Oklahoma Master Grass.
The agreement was supposed to include 12 months of lawn maintenance and new grass.
“[Sanders] said, ‘Well, it’s a special blend’, and he showed me pictures,” David said. “He asked me, ‘Have you seen the Chesapeake yard?” “I said, ‘Yeah, it’s beautiful. He said, ‘Same grass. [They] buy the seed from me.”
Sanders has a rap sheet. We uncovered DUI convictions in Oklahoma and South Carolina.
He’s accused of running a commercial lending scam in the Houston area.
“He’s hurt a lot of people,” David said.
There’s a good chance Sanders already skipped town.
For weeks, we tried calling him, but he never returned any of our phone calls.
David is prepared to cut his losses.
“If you find the guy, chances are he doesn’t have the money,” David said. “I just don’t want anybody else to get hurt.”
It’s alleged Sanders drums up new business by sending out unsolicited junk faxes.
That’s the faxed equivalent of spam or junk email.
Here’s the In Your Corner bottom line:
* Never respond to an offer sent to you by junk fax.
* We’re still waiting to hear from Sanders.
* If you have any information on his whereabouts, call your local authorities.
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle