Moore’s Veterans Memorial Park voted ‘America’s favorite’
MOORE, Okla. – The Veterans Memorial Park in Moore has been voted America’s favorite park Monday.
With more than 400,000 votes, Coca-Cola will now give $100,000 to help the community rebuild.
The May 20 tornado carved a path through the park destroying it.
Officials said Veterans Memorial Park catapulted to the top of the leader board when other cities around the nation rallied to support it.
Mason Neck Park in Lorton, Virginia took second while Greis Veterans Memorial Park in Lynbrook, New York, came in third.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger