Suspect after arrested in N.W. OKC chase, “Don’t do drugs, kids”
UPDATE 12:41 p.m. – News Channel 4 crews are on the scene and talked to the man as he was taken into custody in boxers and a t-shirt.
Lance West asked the man why he ran.
He responded, “Don’t do drugs, kids.”
West said the man’s last words as he drove away in the police car were “God bless.”
UPDATE 12:34 p.m. - Authorities have the suspect in custody after a brief pursuit and foot chase through northwest Oklahoma Monday afternoon.
Authorities said the man allegedly stole a car with Missouri tags.
The suspect ran from the car at N.W. 164th St. between Santa Fe. and Western Ave.
Authorities said he may have shed clothing to change his appearance.
He was arrested in a black t-shirt and boxer shorts.
Authorities have not released the man’s name.
UPDATE: 12:27 p.m.- Officials said the suspect may have broken into a house on the 1600 block of Crest Valley.
Crews said he had removed clothing to change his appearance.
UPDATE: Authorities are now searching for the suspect with a K9 Unit and helicopter.
OKLAHOMA CITY – Police are searching for a suspect accused of car theft in northwest Oklahoma City Monday afternoon.
Authorities said the man is on foot near N.W. 164th St. between Santa Fe. and Western Ave.
He was last seen running along a creek in a neighborhood in the area.
Officials said they are looking for a white man last seen wearing a blue and white plaid shirt and blue jeans.
They said he has visible tattoos.
Bob Moore Chopper 4 is on the way to the scene.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online