UPDATE: Edmond Police mourn loss of detective, services scheduled for Monday
EDMOND, Okla. – Edmond Police, family and friends are mourning the loss of Detective Matt Terry Monday.
In what officials are calling a cardiac event at his home, Terry, 41, died Wednesday night.
Matt spent the past 19 years serving the City of Edmond and the Police Department as a patrol officer and detective.
Terry’s career with the Police Department began in June of 1994 in the Patrol Division and he was promoted to Detective in 2004.
He leaves behind his wife and teenage daughter.
“There are no words to express our shock and sadness in losing Detective Terry. He was the source of a lot of laughter inside the department walls.” said Edmond PD Public Information Specialist, Jenny Monroe.
Funeral information for Detective Matt Terry:
Monday, Oct. 7, 2013
First Presbyterian Church 3:30pm
1001 S. Rankin Street
Edmond, OK 73034
Memorial Park Cemetery
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring