Giant dinosaur fossil found in Canada
Alberta, Canada — Earlier this week, workers at an oil pipeline construction site in Alberta found the fossilized remains of a large dinosaur that was millions of years old.
The workers’ backhoe hit the tail of the fossil. A large chunk of the tail was still intact, which is rare because fossils are usually found scattered or crumbled up.
It is still not clear exactly what species the dinosaur was.
Because it is so fragile, it could take weeks or even months to fully remove the fossil. A research team is now scrambling to carefully remove the fossil before Canada’s harsh winter sets in.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns