Labor Commissioner comments on 12 percent raise for states judiciary
OKLAHOMA CITY — Labor Commissioner Mark Costello comments on yesterday’s recommendation by The Board on Judicial Compensation for a 12 percent pay increase.
“I stand opposed to the Board on Judicial Compensation recommendation of a 12 percent pay increase. Of the 305 judges and elected officials this proposed pay raise effects; all are paid over $100,000 a year, some of the best pay within state government. When judges and state officials sought office the compensation was well understood.”
“I can’t think of a worst time to advance a pay increase than the present. There is a deep talent pool of capable citizens who would gladly serve at the existing rates of compensation. I respectfully submit, the legislature should turn down this proposed pay increase. Should the proposal prevail, I will return my increase back to the citizens of Oklahoma.”
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring