Unemployment applications up; no Sept. report to be released during shutdown
OKLAHOMA CITY – The number of people applying for unemployment benefits increased slightly last week.
Officials at the Labor Department said applications for benefits went up by 1,000.
The slight increase leaves the level of applications for unemployment benefits near a six-year low.
The labor department is not expected to release its September jobs report as scheduled Friday because of the government’s partial shutdown.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him