Get rid of hazardous waste for free at OKC Fairgrounds this weekend
Free OKC hazardous waste collection - State Fair Park
OKLAHOMA CITY – Need to get rid of junk or hazardous waste? You can for free this weekend at State Fair Park.
The Stormwater Quality division is hosting a Hazardous Waste Collection day Saturday at the fairgrounds.
This collection day is for Oklahoma City residents only.
Residents are asked to bring their water bills as proof.
Non-Oklahoma City residents can still drop off their hazardous waste at a collection facility at 1621 south Portland but they may be charged for the services.
This facility is open to all Oklahoma City residents and non-residents Tuesday through Friday 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8:30-11:30 a.m.
What will they accept?
- Propane, gasoline, lubricants, motor oil, brake fluid, degreasers, antifreeze
- Pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer
- CFL and fluorescent lightbulbs
- Swimming pool chemicals
- Furniture polish, household cleaners (including oven, drain and toilet bowl cleaners)
- Paint and thinner
Do not pour chemicals into a single container.
Leave them in their original packages.
Some household products, although harmless in themselves, can be toxic when mixed.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger