Have a severe weather plan ready for high school sports Friday
If you’re heading out to Friday night games, the National Weather Service is urging high school sports fans and athletes to have a severe weather plan in place before storms arrive.
They have a few suggestions to help you stay safe:
1. Be weather aware. – Know the forecast and what weather is expected. Check in with the 4Warn Storm Team to make sure weather won’t threaten your plans or game.
2. Scout out available shelters. – Know where you and your family will go in advance if severe weather becomes an issue.
3. Know the school’s severe weather safety plan.
4. Hear thunder? It’s time to get to a safe place. – Metal bleachers are a dangerous place to be in a thunderstorm. Sheltering under trees is not safe either. Get inside a building.
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Doll with 'real' body proportions gains support, crowd funded in just 24 hours