Okies in the NFL, Week 5
Several players with Oklahoma ties contributed in the wild game between Dallas and Denver on Sunday in Arlington, Texas.
Former Heritage Hall star Wes Welker had five catches for 49 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos’ 51-48 win over the Cowboys.
Former OSU wide receiver Dez Bryant had six catches for 141 yards and two touchdowns, while former Sooner DeMarco Murray had 43 rushing yards on 12 carries, plus scored a touchdown on a four-yard run.
Former OSU kicker Dan Bailey kicked two field goals, from 43 and 48 yards.
Former OU kicker Garrett Hartley kicked a career high four field goals for New Orleans as the Saints beat Chicago 26-18.
Former Sooner quarterback Sam Bradford led St. Louis to a 34-20 win over Jacksonville.
Bradford was 19 of 34 passing for 222 yards and three touchdowns in the Rams’ win.
Former OSU wide receiver Justin Blackmon made his 2013 season debut, catching five passes for 136 yards and a 67-yard touchdown.
Blackmon was playing in his first game of the season after missing the four games due to being suspended for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger