Siri’s best (and worst) jokes
She may be a disembodied robot, but Siri has a sense of humor.
Since the introduction of the iPhone’s personal “assistant” on October 4, 2011, people have used it as much to provoke witticisms as they have to find out the population of Japan or the location of the nearest Japanese restaurant.
In other words, Siri may not always be all that helpful. But she’s been an amusing party trick
Some of the most common inquiries are based on classic science-fiction movie lines — “2001: A Space Odyssey’s” “HAL, open the pod bay doors” is a favorite — while others rely on ancient philosophical queries.
The Web being what it is, an entire cottage industry has sprung up around Siri’s responses. There’s a Tumblr called “S**t That Siri says” and a collection of Siri posts called sirifunny.com
Siri doesn’t always understand, of course. Like E.T. or WOPR, she’s sometimes at a loss when the question has nuance.
On the other hand, you may not want to dig too deeply. When asked if she’s affiliated with Skynet — the people-killing, world-dominating network at the heart of the “Terminator” movies — Siri suddenly clams up.
“I can’t answer that,” she says.
Watch out, world.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'