New billboard asks Pres. Boren to ‘restore the Pride’ in Norman
NORMAN, Okla. – If you’re driving through Norman Monday, you might see a new billboard just north of town; it ask OU President David Boren to make a change to the band program.
It reads, “Boren, out tradition matters. Restore the Pride. Tradition of Excellence.”
The campaign is composed of former members of the Pride of Oklahoma marching band and OU fans who said they don’t like the new changes to the band.
One former Pride member said a new band director has destroyed traditions that have been in place for more than 40 years.
He said copying marching drills from other colleges and having lackluster halftime and pregame performances are just a couple of their mentioned concerns.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger