Enid-native keeps it country, chooses ‘Team Blake’ on “The Voice”
ENID, Okla.- A country singer who is hoping to hit it big on “The Voice” has ties to the Sooner State.
Brian Pounds wowed judges on Monday’s episode with his version of “Wagon Wheel.”
Pounds, who is now living in Austin, was born in Enid and spent the first 9 months of his life in the Sooner State.
He grew up in the Houston, Texas area but soon moved back to Oklahoma to attend OU in 2007.
During Monday’s blind auditions, Pounds had a choice between ‘Team Blake’ or ‘Team Ceelo.’
In the end, he chose to stick to his country roots and selected Blake Shelton as his coach.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him