Sooner Women Picked To Win Big 12
Oklahoma’s women’s basketball team has been picked by Big 12 conference coaches to win the league this season.
OU received five of ten first place votes in the poll, in which coaches are not allowed to vote for their own team.
Oklahoma is followed in the poll by Baylor, who received three first place votes, then West Virginia and Oklahoma State are tied for third.
The Mountaineers received the other two first place votes.
Texas, Iowa State, Kansas, TCU, Kansas State, and Texas Tech round out the poll.
Oklahoma is coming off a Sweet 16 appearance, and returns four starters, plus returns two players coming back from season-ending injuries.
It’s the fourth time OU has been picked by Big 12 coaches to win the conference.
All three times previously they went on to win the regular season conference crown, in 2002, 2007, and 2009.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him