Starbucks free coffee deal urging ‘togetherness’ to end government shutdown
Starbucks is giving a free coffee to anyone who buys another person their favorite brew Wednesday through Friday.
Why? Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz said he wants lawmakers to come together to end the shutdown and he is encouraging customers to show them how it’s done.
Schultz said the offer is a way to help fellow citizens ”support and connect with one another, even as we wait for our elected officials to do the same for our country.”
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online