Help “Stuff the Bus” for state military families in need
NORMAN, Okla. – It’s time for our annual “Stuff the Bus” campaign here at KFOR-TV. A city bus will be in front of NewsChannel 4 from dawn to dusk on Tuesday, October 15th. You can find us at 444 East Britton Road in Oklahoma City.
The need is especially strong this year as many military families are on some type of furlough due to the government shutdown.
Below is a list of items we are asking our viewers to bring:
• Premium toys for the holidays.
• Gift cards for gas or groceries.
• New sporting supplies like bats, gloves, footballs, soccer balls, etc.
• New toy cars, trucks, bears or dolls.
• Winter hats, coats, mittens or scarves.
• Diapers in all sizes.
• Coloring books and art supplies.
• Books for all ages.
No donation of the items above is too small. This is your opportunity to say thanks to those families that sacrifice so much for us and our country.
We want to give thanks to Operation Homefront Southern Plains for their help in this annual drive.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors