Pre-Game: Sooner Tidbits At 10:00am
(Cotton Bowl, Dallas)—
The 10th ranked and unbeaten Sooners appeared relaxed yet focused when getting off the bus at the Cotton Bowl moments ago, in preperation for the 11am kickoff against unranked Texas here in Dallas. The biggest obstacle OU faces will be the loss of senior linebacker Corey Nelson, who was lost for the season with the torn pectoral muscle in the win against TCU last week. As for sophomore defensive tackle Jordan Phillips, he’s still a “game time decision” but sources tell me the big 6-6, 325 lb. starter will *not* play again today, after missing the TCU game with what head coach Bob Stoops called “a genetic issue”.
The Sooners are favored by 10-points to improve to 6-0 on the season and 3-0 in league play against a Texas team that hasn’t beaten OU since the 2009 season. The weather is partly-cloudy, extremely humid, but the sun has just popped out and the capacity crowd of 92,000+ is less than an hour away from enjoying the 108th “Red River Rivalry”.
Stay with KFOR-TV and kfor.com for the best coverage of the annual OU-Texas tilt.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him