Pre-Game: Sooner Tidbits At 10:00am
(Cotton Bowl, Dallas)—
The 10th ranked and unbeaten Sooners appeared relaxed yet focused when getting off the bus at the Cotton Bowl moments ago, in preperation for the 11am kickoff against unranked Texas here in Dallas. The biggest obstacle OU faces will be the loss of senior linebacker Corey Nelson, who was lost for the season with the torn pectoral muscle in the win against TCU last week. As for sophomore defensive tackle Jordan Phillips, he’s still a “game time decision” but sources tell me the big 6-6, 325 lb. starter will *not* play again today, after missing the TCU game with what head coach Bob Stoops called “a genetic issue”.
The Sooners are favored by 10-points to improve to 6-0 on the season and 3-0 in league play against a Texas team that hasn’t beaten OU since the 2009 season. The weather is partly-cloudy, extremely humid, but the sun has just popped out and the capacity crowd of 92,000+ is less than an hour away from enjoying the 108th “Red River Rivalry”.
Stay with KFOR-TV and kfor.com for the best coverage of the annual OU-Texas tilt.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online