Well-known Kingfisher fire chief appealing termination in special meeting
KINGFISHER, Okla. – The Kingfisher City Commission is hosting a special meeting to discuss the termination of a well-known fire chief.
City Manager Dave Slezickey confirmed Fire chief Randy Poindexter was fired back in September but couldn’t tell us why.
In 2010, Poindexter was presented the medal of valor by Vice President Joe Biden, an award that resulted from his involvement in flood water rescues in 2007.
Because of that, residents said they can’t think of any reason why he would be fired, other than his brother’s legal differences with the Kingfisher mayor.
City officials will hear Poindexter’s appeal during the special meeting starting at 5:30 p.m.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns