New car service now available in Oklahoma City, cheaper than taxi
OKLAHOMA CITY – A new car service coming to Oklahoma City will allow almost anyone with a car to become a make-shift taxi service.
They are already in 45 cities worldwide.
According to Uber’s website, OKC Thunder player Nick Collison requested the first ride which took him to practice.
Company officials boast their service is a cost-effective option that is cheaper than hailing a cab.
How Uber works:
Those needing a ride download the free Uber app on their smartphones.
Riders create an account and then can request a ride and pay through the app.
How ride sharing works:
The company partners with locals who will drive their own cars to pick you up.
All drivers are required to pass Uber’s rigorous screening process which includes:
- Stringent background check
- Driving history check
- In person interview
- City knowledge exam
- On-going quality control checks
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns