UPDATE: Del City 16-year-old boy arrested for shooting 17-year-old boy at Moore party

Posted on: 11:16 am, October 20, 2013, by and , updated on: 10:52am, October 21, 2013

DEL CITY, Okla. – A 16-year-old Del City boy has been arrested and is expected to be charged as an adult with felony first-degree murder Monday.

Moore police said the shooting happened in the 100 block of Kelly Drive in Moore.

They said both the suspect, 16-year-old Brajuan Napoleon, and victim, 17-year-old Alex Matlock, had been at a party at a house on the street.

Gage K. didn’t want us to use his full name but said he was hosting a small get together for a couple friends when several people showed up that he didn’t know.

“I had a few friends over and I guess the word got out that there was supposed to be a party here and a bunch of people, which I don’t know, showed up,” he said.

Gage said he started making everyone leave his house.

“I finally got everyone out and then I hear a gunshot,” he said. “I was scared for myself. I was scared that these people are mad at me for getting them out of the house.”

“When officers arrived, they observed a juvenile male with one gunshot wound to the chest,” Moore Police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said.

Police said the 17-year-old later died at the hospital and they tracked down the 16-year-old boy at his home in Del City.

Frances Brown’s bedroom window faces the street where the teenager died.

“It’s just young boys with no supervision,” Brown said.

Brown heard the gunshot and saw the victim lying on the ground.

“There’s one life gone and another life messed up forever because of that,” she said. “It’s a shame. They’re just young boys.”

“It didn’t need to happen,” Gage said. “No one deserved to die and I didn’t ask for this and neither did he and I didn’t want any of this to happen.”

A memorial fund in the name of Alex Matlock has been set up at Bancfirst. You can make donations at any Bancfirst location to help us lay him to rest.

12 comments

• well the news didnt even share the whole story, i m not trying to justify Brajuans actions, but this could have been prevented in many ways. I would like to say though that the young man who was killed along with about 10 other people were running towards him about to jump him….but the news people “forgot” to mention that. it is sad this young man lost his life due to a jevenile with a gun that shouldnt even had it in the first place. Prayers go out to both families.

• brezzy says:

I hope the boy who did it, sits in jail for life…

• Anotamous says:

I new the alex and brajuan needs to get the full punishment and maybe then he might feel a little of what we do

• Anonymous says:

FreeBray

• GardensButterfly says:

Hey Roman…it does NOT matter what the ethnicity is. NO 16 year old should be at late night parties no matter who they are! That boy killed another boy and deserves what he gets. I just hope they dont slap him on the hand and let him go

Anon- Feel bad for him but know that he murdered someone and should be harshly punished.

• Jake says:

It’s funny too read comments of people when not one person on here knows the two people. u people should be saying a prayer for these teens and your own instead of asking Race of the killer. Grow up. A child lost a life and a mother lost a child. Have some Sympathy and stop tryin play God and judge!

• Anotamous says:

Alex matlock was an awesome person with a good heart he was delt a bad hand when it came to parents but over came that and was still a great person who ever took him away from here deserves the fullest punishment they can get you don’t take someone’s life because your mad maybe this will open the eyes to all the ones who there they’re gangsters an i isn’t persons gone cause you had to show how bad you are to every grow up get a job!!!!! Rest in peace alex matlock at least you will have Jesus takeing care of you now instead of doing it by yourself

• GardensButterfly says:

Thats why freekin 16 year olds should NOT be at a late night party! They need to be at home in bed like they should be! I, too, am sick of these kids out killing people because they cant control their emotions. Parents….step up and be parents!

• anonymous says:

So many people have lost a loved one because a stupid teenager got way into their feelings and decided to kill a friend/ son. The killer deserves to die and rot in hell.

Comments are closed.