Eleven acre land art unveiled
BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND — Huge land art is being unveiled in Belfast, Northern Ireland. A team of volunteers used thousands of pegs, soil and sand to make the 11-acre portrait.
The picture of a six-year-old girl was made to celebrate the Belfast Festival, which opened last week.
In all, it took 18-months of planning and then the team completed it in about a month.
It’s entitled “Wish.” Rodriguez-Gerada said the land art, which was put together with the help of an army of local volunteer, is the largest he has ever produced.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him