Eleven acre land art unveiled
BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND — Huge land art is being unveiled in Belfast, Northern Ireland. A team of volunteers used thousands of pegs, soil and sand to make the 11-acre portrait.
The picture of a six-year-old girl was made to celebrate the Belfast Festival, which opened last week.
In all, it took 18-months of planning and then the team completed it in about a month.
It’s entitled “Wish.” Rodriguez-Gerada said the land art, which was put together with the help of an army of local volunteer, is the largest he has ever produced.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online