Man accused of beating Adrian Peterson’s son to death charged with murder
SIOUX FALLS, S.C. – The man who allegedly beat to death Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son has been charged with second-degree murder.
The USA Today is reporting the Lincoln County Grand Jury indicted 27-year-old Joseph R. Patterson Friday.
Patterson is now facing charges for murder, aggravated battery of an infant and abuse or cruelty to a minor.
The report states Patterson is accused of beating the toddler, 2-year-old Tyrese Robert Smith, Oct. 9 at the South Dakota apartment he shares with the boy’s mother.
Peterson had only recently learned about his son and met him for the first time last week while the boy was on life support, according to the USA Today.
Officials have not set a court date for Patterson at this time.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring