Oklahoma City girl finds 3.8 carat diamond in Arkansas
OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City girl went digging for buried treasure in Arkansas this weekend and she didn’t come home empty-handed.
Tana Clymer, 14, unearthed a 3.85 carat diamond.
Clymer and her family were digging at Arkansas’ Crater of Diamonds Saturday.
She said she noticed the canary diamond on the surface of the search field.
The yellow diamond is teardrop shaped and about the size of a jelly bean.
She named the stone “God’s Jewel” diamond.
Clymer said she’s either going to keep the diamond for a ring or, if it’s worth a lot, she will see it to pay for college.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online