Oklahoma City girl finds 3.8 carat diamond in Arkansas
OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City girl went digging for buried treasure in Arkansas this weekend and she didn’t come home empty-handed.
Tana Clymer, 14, unearthed a 3.85 carat diamond.
Clymer and her family were digging at Arkansas’ Crater of Diamonds Saturday.
She said she noticed the canary diamond on the surface of the search field.
The yellow diamond is teardrop shaped and about the size of a jelly bean.
She named the stone “God’s Jewel” diamond.
Clymer said she’s either going to keep the diamond for a ring or, if it’s worth a lot, she will see it to pay for college.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring