Drivers heading home for the holidays as gas prices continue to drop
OKLAHOMA CITY – Gas prices continue to fall as we get ready for the holidays.
The national average price for a gallon of regular gasoline is $3.34.
The last time the national average was less than $3.34 was on Jan. 25, when prices began to surge toward the highest price of the year.
AAA expects that gas prices will continue to drop.
Currently, the average price for gas in Oklahoma City is $3.14.
However, AAA experts believe local drivers could see average prices of $2.90 to $3.00 a gallon by Christmas.
They also believe the national average could fall to $3.10 a gallon by that time.
If that happens, it would be the lowest mark since February of 2011.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns