Flaming Lips not breaking up; Twitter account was hacked
OKLAHOMA CITY – Flaming Lips fans, you can breathe easy, the band is not breaking up.
However, that isn’t what their twitter account stated Thursday afternoon.
The band’s Twitter account was hacked.
The fake message stated, “We have sad news… we’ve broken up.”
According to the band’s manager, no one from the group posted the message, even as a joke, and it didn’t come from Warner Bros. Records.
The post was removed.
Lead singer Wayne Coyne posted a confirmation for fans on his personal Twitter account.
The Flaming Lips twitter has been hijacked!!!!—
Wayne Coyne (@waynecoyne) October 24, 2013
The Flaming Lips are very much intact Friday, preparing to release a new five-song series titled “Peace Sword” on Tuesday.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom